The primary function of RVRSA’s Engineering Department is to provide support to the Executive Director and other RVRSA departments. The Engineering Department is supervised by the Manager of Engineering, who is required to hold a New Jersey Professional Engineer’s license.
The Engineering Department Consists of the following Personnel:
Industrial Pretreatment Program Coordinator
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Department performs the following services:
Management of the Industrial Pre-treatment Program
Processing of residential, industrial, and commercial Treatment Works Approval (TWA) applications
Processing Applications for waivers of RVRSA’s grant condition for environmentally Sensitive Areas
Reviews and approves flow data for sewer billing
Contract administration for all RVRSA design and construction projects (Contractors and Consulting Engineers)
- Preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Preparation and/or review of plans and technical specifications
- Management of the public contract bidding process
- Review of proposals and public bids, and preparation of award recommendations
- Provides project oversight (along with construction management firms) to ensure compliance with the contract in terms of schedule, quality of work, contract disputes, change orders, and payment requests.
- Support outsourced IT activities as required
Development of capital projects and providing recommendations to the Executive Director, and the RVRSA Board for their consideration.
Interfacing with the Licensed Operator and staff to meet plant objectives, and assisting in the responses to NJDEP, EPA, FEMA, and other agencies when required.
Interfacing with Plant Maintenance and trunk-line personnel as required to complete assigned tasks
Interfacing with the Chief Financial Officer and Executive director in the preparation of the operating and capital budgets and meeting department and organizational goal within the constraints of the budget
Preparation of monthly engineering report to the Executive Director